Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode: The Best Of, Volume 1 - standard web banner
Corey was right about one thing: I like Depeche Mode's unique metallic percussions sound.

I just received the remastered version of 'some great reward'. I am listening to multi-channel SACD at the moment, and I must say it worth every penny I paid.

'reward' is one of the two essential Depeche Mode's records on my list. The other one is 'black celebration'.

Depeche Mode is an important band to me. It's like a friend that grows with me in those lonely days. I remember the times when I was waiting for their releases. Waiting for someone to share their inner thoughts with me. I suspect people who's listening to the back catalogue wouldn't feel the same.

I liked their singles, they were the first who put real lyrics in dance music. I am still listening, buy of course not as eager as yesterday. At the end, Depeche Mode is more than a single's band. This remaster treatment is what great music deserves and is a treat to all fans.

Another best of Depeche CD just came out today. Hmm, I will buy it just for the videos of the singles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home