Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Friday, March 09, 2007

For one more day


"What causes an echo?"
The persistence of sound after the source has stopped.
"When can you hear an echo?"
When it's quiet and other sounds are absorbed.

~ Chick's final thoughts

This is the third Mitch Albom book I read. It's some sort of guilty pleasure. I am normally picky on books. The fact is: there are way too many books published. With so little time, I must find the best to read to make my precious time worthwhile.

The last two Albom's books I read were kind of enlightening. This one too. I guess what catches my eyes is the theater in his stories. It's like a play, and we are walking through time, through space, meeting different people. The plots are commercially calculated, but the dialogs are effective.

For one more day is simple yet touching. It is not classic literature, but it's a good popular novel. I have sympathy for Charley Benetto. And just like Charley, I found the most difficult person to forgive in this wide world is myself. It's never easy to tell your love until you lost it. We are too proud to express ourselves under bold daylight when everyone's healthy and walking. It's only in dreams and in our after lives, we have the opportunities to face our true feelings.

In the still of the night, the echo of the ghost is here to tell what a person you were. If not what you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home