Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Saturday, February 10, 2007

the Devil wears Prada


"Power is bad. Free spirit is noble. Good people don’t boss around."

I question about the title: what’s with Prada? I question on people who want to watch this movie because of the title: Does a sweatshirt look better because it has a designer label on it?

Clothes are essential to keep us warm. Clothes can help to present us to others.

Fashion is unnecessary. (yes, it feeds the industry itself) Why do we need to have a different collection every season? Do I need to have a different image of myself next year? Do I get bored of how I look easily? Will I like myself better by wearing this piece of fashion? Will I dislike myself because I wear this piece of yesterday fashion?

This movie was set in the fashion industry, but it’s pretty much applicable to mostly everything.

You get what you paid for. You work harder and you become better. Successful management is control freaks and they play politics to survive. It is not a fair world but the rules are fair and square. At the end of the movie, I didn’t see anything that Andy needs to wake up to. This is where we are living in, this world is never meant to be perfect and it never would be.

If Miranda is meant to be the devil, ain't we all living in hell? The moral of this movie is: the major moviegoers are still the 16-year-old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home