Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Saturday, January 19, 2008

1080p

Just bought a HD-DVD player from Toshiba's firesale. For $150, that includes 7 HD DVD movies (mail-in offer)

The free DVDs may not be the ones I would have picked, plus the format is likely to be out of the door before the end of the year, but the player itself is actually the best up-converting DVD player I've seen.

Now when it comes to the decision putting in an additional $50 to get a 1080p HD-DVD player. My current HD TV only supports 1080i. Plus there are some analysis done on the use of the combination of a HD TV and HD player showing there are no visible difference between 1080i and 1080p in most cases. Purists will argue the other way, for me, I will save my $50 for the next HD player.

The legacy DVD format is very satisfying in most cases. In the end, all these players (HD or not) area additional pieces of junk to get rid of.. Boys love toys

http://blog.hometheatermag.com/geoffreymorrison/0807061080iv1080p/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home