Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Coke Zero

I quit drinking Coke because I think it is unhealthy. Coke is of high caffeine and sugar content. I don't believe in diet Coke, I dislike the use of artificial sweeteners or sugar substitution. Some studies said they are tied to cancer formation. I don't know how valid it is, but my gut feel is they do more harm than good to our bodies.

Coca-Cola's latest product Coke Zero claims to be no sugar, no caffeine, and no calories, but all the taste. How ideal! I've seen people rushing to stock it and I am quite surprise. People avoid diet Coke and Tab but open up to Coke Zero? How can this ever happen?

Guess it's all just a beautiful misunderstanding. It's like one of those daydreams of the new neighbour. It's always prettier when we haven't seen the whole picture, when part of image is form from our imagination.

A healthy drink should be natural, nutritous, and cause no harm to the body (I am not even going into health benefits). Coke Zero is not a healthy drink, it never intends to be. The phenomenon demonstrates our wish to see a version of the popular soft drink that preserves all the taste but none of the side effects. And we are still waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home