Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Sunday, September 24, 2006

mix0906

I used to make mixed tapes when I was in school. Put together a bunch of songs I liked and shared them with friends. Tapes are almost extinct. A close friend of mine requested me to do a podcast mix for her some time ago.

After a busy summer, I finally found some time this weekend to put together a compilation. The work involved: found a bunch of songs, recorded them to the PC, arranged them into orders, edited the extra blank space, normalized the volume of all the recordings, recorded the songs into a disc image, converted them into mp3s, merged all the mp3s together.

Sound quality of resulting mix was not as good as I desired, but I just had to compromise with lower sampling rate so the file wouldn't take too long to download. The normalization clipped some of the songs, but the mix was still listenable.

Some dance, alternative, acoustic, rock, and pop songs. This is a compilation of tunes that I think may be interesting together. (I couldn't believe I ended up with 3 Limp Bizkit songs in the mix.)
Track listing of the 80 min mix:

Rogue Wave\Descended Like Vultures\California
Pink Martini\Hang On Little Tomato\Clementine
Belle & Sebastian\The Life Pursuit\Dress Up In You
Fischerspooner\Odyssey\Cloud
Talking Heads\77\Psycho Killer [Acoustic]
Limp Bizkit\Greatest Hitz\Home Sweet Home_Bittersweet Sympony
Fischerspooner\Odyssey\We Need A War
The Libertines\The Libertines\Can_t Stand Me Now
Bauhaus\Swing The Heartache\She_s In Parties
Limp Bizkit\Greatest Hitz\Build A Bridge
Sainte-Marie Chloe Parle-moi\Brule brule
The Jesus & Mary Chain\Psychocandy\Just Like Honey
Pink Martini\Hang On Little Tomato\Hang On Little Tomato
I Am The World Trade Center\The Cover Up\His _n_ Hers
Koop\Waltz For Koop\Summer Sun
Limp Bizkit\Greatest Hitz\Take A Look Around
Pink Martini\Hang On Little Tomato\Anna (El Negro Zumbon)
I Am The World Trade Center\The Cover Up\Future Sightings
Talking Heads\77\Sugar On My Tongue
Sainte-Marie Chloe Parle-moi\Au sortir du labyrinthe
Belle & Sebastian\The Life Pursuit\Act Of The Apostle
The Jesus & Mary Chain\Psychocandy\Cut Dead
Fischerspooner\Odyssey\All We Are

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home