Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sea Change


I like Beck. He's one of those artists who's always trying to experiment with things different from the last time. Not sure if we can say Beck is inventive. His music is more deconstruction, cut & paste existing elements than create from scratch.

Like most others, the first Beck single that strike me was 'loser'. 'Loser' was just so easy listening, yet it has alternative written all over it. I listened to Beck’s major release. And seriously, they were all good. I think he is truly a music chameleon. He’s like David Bowie in the 70’s if not bigger.

Beck’s Sea Change is my personal favorite. This 2002 record was his vision of alternative country/ folk rock. It again proved Beck's ability to blend genre. Through the simple songs, it also proved Beck's talent in composing good tunes.

The 2 songs that keep ringing in my head are: the lost cause and guess I am doing fine.

BTW, this CD was also released as DVD-A and SACD multi-channel surround. These beautifully atmospheric mixes drowned me in the wild sea of melodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home