Sun-dried tomatoes' sundry thoughts

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Human blood drop

I was in this picture. I am not sure if we really have 1000 donors there though. Anyhow, it was a nice day and the helicopter flew over us 10-15 times and who knew how many shots it took.

I started to give blood since the early 80s and I've been donating blood for the past 10 years. Blood donation is a volunteering service and I feel good after doing it.

I read it from a Chinese novel, Chronicles of a blood merchant, that giving blood was a trade in China. Chinese traditions believed that bleeding was a hazard to health. (worst than smoking and drinking!) People gave blood was only intended to exchange for a living. The traditional Chinese society did not encourage people to give blood, not to mention as a form of volunteering donation. I hope their values have changed by now.

Do you think you can locate me? (you can download the original picture from the linked web page)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home